Friday, March 18, 2011

Planning Interviews - Do You Have a Suggestion?

The struggle for a sustainable, equitable world produces a mosaic of projects shepherded by visionary, energetic groups and individuals. Much happens behind the scenes and doesn't necessarily get seen by the broader community. And sometimes we get so focused on a particular tile in the mosaic that we don't always see the whole beautiful pattern.

I'm planning to use this space for a series of interviews of visionaries, activists and social/political change leaders in our community. I'm looking forward to getting to know people a little better. I'm hoping to learn more about all the projects unfolding here in Ithaca (and surrounding areas) and make connections between them. What are the shared ideas and ideals that make seemingly disparate people/projects part of the same mosaic?

Finally, what can we do to support/sustain each other without sapping the energy needed for each endeavor?

I have some ideas for a start - and I'm hoping that you will send me YOUR ideas for people and projects that you would like to learn more about.



No comments:

Post a Comment